If I got the vibe of the Area51 proposal that I thought I did, this stack is for computer graphics theory, research, programming, implementation, and anything similar to such focuses.
As such, there would be quite a bit of overlap if it included app-specific modeling questions in general.
As far as scripting environments within specific modeling applications, ask yourself some of these:
- Does the question pertain to how a fundamental computer graphics concept works? OK
- Does the question pertain to how a specific function of a modeling application works? NOT OK
- Does the question pertain to why a visual defect is occurring from suspect code? OK
- Does the question pertain to why a visual defect is occurring due to a potential bug in a modeling application? NOT OK
- Does the question ask about lighting concepts, lighting-related shader code, lighting defects from resulting code, etc? OK
- Does the question ask about modeling app-specific lighting questions - more specifically, questions pertaining to "light" entities within an application? NOT OK
But most importantly
- Does the question pertain to a problem that can transcend a specific modeling app?
These are the types of questions I've been asking myself when reviewing these first posts on this stack.